Meet JW Salon Stylist, Abigail Meus
Abigail has been with JW Salon a few months now, but as our newest stylist, we were itching to sit down with her and find out more about what drew her to JW, why she became a stylist, and all her tips and tricks. A graduate of the Aveda Institute in Charlotte, she is certified for in-salon training with Aveda color, and specializes in formal styling for weddings. We love her work here at JW and are so excited to have her on staff.
What drew you to working at JW Salon?
- Right when I walked into JW Salon, I was greeted with smiling faces and fell in love with the salon. I knew immediately I wanted to work here. It has an upscale appeal with a friendly, down to earth staff.
What do you love most about being a stylist?
- From an early age, I have always been fascinated with different people’s hair and just hair in general. I love the way it feels, the way it moves, and most importantly, how it can make people feel about themselves. I enjoy the challenge of giving people the best style suited for them.
Can’t live without product?
- Way too many! The most important product to me, is some sort of heat protectant, because the most damage I see in people’s hair is from heat-styling. Heat protectant can change your life!
Tricks of the Trade?
- Don’t wash your hair too often Shampooing your hair too much dries it out – working with and embracing your natural oils can be the most beneficial thing to your hair’s health and overall structure.
- Thank goodness braiding is back! I have loved braiding hair since I was about three. There are so many different ways to incorporate braids into everyday looks.
What advice would you give to a brand new client who is coming in for something completely different?
- Be patient. Sometimes it can take a few appointments for us to get to know your hair and its history. We want to get your hair to where you want it it to be, while maintaining the integrity of it! As for a new cut, I am always willing to change someone’s appearance by a fresh new style- that’s the most fun.